BioEclipse Therapeutics, Inc. is a clinical stage, immunotherapy company based in Silicon Valley performing a Phase 1 Clinical Trial. Our technology combines an oncolytic virus with an immune cell to create a cancer therapeutic. Our R&D team is seeking a motivated Research Associate/Scientist to develop and perform assays central to the advancement of our novel immune therapeutic and to assist in the development of our platform. The person we are looking for is well organized, has good communication skills, and can work both independently and in multi-disciplinary teams. We are seeking candidates with experience working with pathogens, specifically viruses, who are proficient in cell culture, and ideally have GMP or process development experience. We are seeking candidates with hands-on laboratory experience such as cytotoxicity assays, quantitative PCR, flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry, and cell and virus harvesting.
- Perform flow cytometry panels for immune cells in patient apheresis, ex vivo expanded cell product, and cytokine analysis.
- Optimize methods for ex vivo expansion, activation, and monitoring of immune cells and oncolytic viruses used for cancer immunotherapy.
- Characterize and quantify viral replication and viral gene expression with plaque assays, reporter assays and (RT) qPCR.
- Execute in vitro assays to assess the effects of our technology on immune cell development and functionality.
- Design and execute, hypothesis-based experiments; analyze and interpret data to support initiation and/or advancement of therapeutic programs.
- Participate in team meetings and present hypotheses, experimental plans, data, results, and project timelines.
- Interface closely with R&D team to ensure experiments are aligned with scientific objectives and project goals.
- Communicate with cross-functional teams on issues relevant to our Manufacturing, Quality and Clinical Groups.
- Generate and analyze data from internal and external sources in the context of on-going research and experiments.
- Review scientific literature and incorporate findings and industry developments into research and development plan.
- Assist in, or provide relevant information for, writing and revising master production records, SOPs, change requests, training materials, protocols, reports, and other documentation.
- Contribute to the organization of experimental documents including data, presentations, and protocols.
- BA, BS, or MS in Biology related field (Immunology, Virology, Hematology, Cell Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, etc.) with one to five years of relevant research experience in academic or industry setting.
- Effective oral and written communication of ideas, experimental plans, and results.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to create and establish priorities, manage work plans, and meet timelines.
- Proficient in cell culture (adherent, free and organoids), cell biology, experience handling pathogens.
- Experience with flow cytometry, quantitative PCR and luciferase based assays.
- Experience working with patient samples andex vivo cell expansion.
- Experience in human immunology, cancer immunotherapy, or translational research and ability to perform high quality functional assays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Rstudio, FlowJo, Prism, or Python is preferred.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and industry standards.
Interested parties can send resume and cover letter to
Ashlyn Contag, firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also apply online via LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3171733362